These were a kid favorite this past week. I had made them for a neighbor, but the reserves were gone in minutes. My 4-year old has asked me everyday if we can make these again T-O-D-A-Y!
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar (maple syrup, agave or honey work well in combination with the sugar)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 Tbsp. coconut palm sugar *
*if you do not have palm sugar, use 1 Tbsp. honey or agave and add 1 tsp. of coconut flour. Combine until crumbly. If it is too gooey, then add 1/8 tsp. cinnamon and 1/8 tsp. coconut flour until crumbly consistency is reached
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sweeteners until smooth and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and incorporate until smooth
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture and beat until fully combined and very smooth.
- Place in refrigerator for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a very small bowl, combine the cinnamon and palm sugars and set aside.
- Remove the batter from the fridge.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop a spoonful of batter and drop it into the cinnamon sugar bowl. Roll it around in the cinnamon-sugar until coated. Shake off excess and place on a cookie sheet. Press down slightly to flatten and shape the cookie.
- Repeat step #9 until all batter is used. Be sure to space cookies about 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes, rotating halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack and serve!