I LOVE GARLIC! Enough said.
8 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
1 tsp. fresh or dried thyme
2 Tbsp. olive or grapeseed oil
pinch of red pepper flakes
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 tsp. Sea Salt
1/2 tsp. freshly cracked Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F and cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Place garlic in a small microwave safe bowl and cover with 1 Tbsp. oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 20-30 seconds. Remove from microwave and discard the plastic wrap. In the bowl with the garlic, add the remaining oil, thyme, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Stir and mash until combined.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken breasts. With a sharp knife, butterfly the chicken breasts: slice 3/4 of the way through the flat side of the breast, which will resemble the wings of a butterfly when opened up. Try not to cut all the way through (see picture)
4. Spread 1 tsp. on one side of the butterflied chicken. Fold the other “wing” over, covering the seasoning. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper.
5. Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and serve with cauliflower rice or other veggies.